Ferraro Foods located in Piscataway, New Jersey is looking for second shift selectors, loaders and reach machine operators. Scheduled work hours are Sunday through Thursday, start time 5:30 pm.
The qualified candidate will be able to safely operate an electric pallet jack on a daily basis and perform order filling duties as well as maintain company standards for safety, security and productivity. Maintain a neat and orderly work area is a must.
Pallet Jack and Forklift certification is a plus.
Loaders are responsible for accurately building outgoing loads of company product and place on route delivery trucks andassisting associates with staging, loading, unloading, rotating and storing product. Loaders are required to lift, push and pull in excess of 75 lbs. pounds or more repeatedly. Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification is a plus.
Reach Operators are responsible for scanning and putting away all incoming pallets of product to their proper locations in the warehouse as well as maintaining full levels of product within his or her designated aisles at all times.
Perform tasks to include utilizing RF Warehouse Computer System to properly scan and put away incoming merchandise. Assume responsibilities for the care and maintenance of designated equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Navigate RF based computer system to scan pallets to proper warehouse locations
- Replenish picking locations as needed throughout the course of the shift to ensure product is available to be selected by order pickers
- Maintain level of organization within assigned aisles so that all product is kept in proper locations to minimize mispicks by selectors.
- Report all damaged product to immediate supervisor
- Select customer orders as needed/required by floor supervisor
- Perform all other warehouse related functions as deemed by warehouse supervisor or manager
- Operate all machinery in a safe manner.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to repeatedly lift and/or push or pull/reach above shoulder height heavy objects weighing up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Ability to read, write and count in order to correctly fill and receive orders and conduct accurate inventory.
- Two year’s experience operating an electric fork lift, pallet jack, and reach machine.
- Hgh school diploma or equivalent.
- Works in a variety of locations throughout the warehouse. Position may require continuous standing, lifting, bending, and moving of heavy materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Regularly required to work various hours in cooler and freezer with temperatures ranging from 35 degrees to minus 10 degrees.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription benefits.
Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
Short Term Disability
Ferraro Foods services over 3500 customers in 16 states. We operate out of two distribution locations; our flagship facility in Piscataway, New Jersey and our facility in Mebane, North Carolina. From multi-temp trucks, to refrigerated loading docks, here at Ferraro Foods, product integrity is paramount.