The Duryea Borough Civil Service Commission is accepting applications
for the entry level position of
Minimum Qualifications necessary to apply are:
(1) Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
(2) Applicant must be 21 years of age.
(3) Applicant must possess a High School Diploma or
Graduate Equivalency Degree.
(4) Applicant must possess a valid Driver’s License.
(5) Applicant must have completed Pennsylvania Act 120 training, as prescribed by the PA. Municipal Police Officer Education and Training Commission and be current with training updates to within twelve (12) months of the application deadline.
(6) Applicant must be physically and mentally fit to perform the essential duties of a Police Officer.
(7) Military Veterans meeting above qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
(8) Applications must be notarized.
(9) Applications must be filled out in their entirety and submitted with a copy of the High School Diploma or GED, Act 120 Certification, and required testing fee.
Applications are available at the Duryea Borough Municipal Building, 315 Main Street, Duryea, PA 18642, in the office of the Borough Manager Monday through Friday, 8am-12pm and 1pm-4pm. Applications must be returned no later than March 31, 2019, and be accompanied by a non-refundable testing fee of fifty dollars ($50), payable by check or money order made to Duryea Borough.