Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will also act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders. S/he reviews materials for Lincoln Financial Distribution and Corporate Marketing across all media to ensure the materials adhere to design, editorial, and brand guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Consults/analyzes more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Using a paperless workflow system, proofreads and edits marketing material for life insurance, annuities, group protection, retirement plan products, and corporate programs using an in-house style guide, AP Stylebook, and The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Corrects more complex numerical errors, grammar, spelling, formatting and syntax.
- Suggests copy edits for improved accuracy, clarity, conciseness, consistency, and readability, while following brand guidelines for tone and style.
- Acts as a resource to writers, marketing managers, and designers regarding more complex content changes to make sure the integrity of copy is maintained.
- Ensures that literature is voiced for the target audience, i.e., advisor vs. client.
- Works from a proofreading queue on projects related to his/her assigned business line(s); help other proofreaders on other business lines as needed.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform well under pressure in meeting deadlines; ability to rapidly change focus.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g., management and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend process improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and promotes collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with advanced mark-up skills using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Licensure and certification is not required.
Education & Experience
- 3 - 5+ Years experience in marketing that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required)
- Background in life insurance and long-term care (Preferred)
"There is no Certification or Licensure Listed"
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in professional and industry trends.
- Demonstrates a positive contribution by making suggestions for personal and peer improvement, e.g., process and procedural changes, and skill and product knowledge development.
- Coordinates activities of fewer than six staff members/contractors.
- Establishes, maintains, and documents performance standards.
- Coordinate with the proofreading team, stakeholders, and peers to effectively evaluate, use, and standardize existing guidelines and documentation.
- Develops working relationships with the LFGD editorial staff and peers from other lines of business.
- Monitors leaves of absence to assure coverage.
- Develops product expertise, particularly in the life insurance and Lincoln MoneyGuard® product lines (hybrid life/long-term care coverage).
- Monitors daily proofreading volume of 25 to 50 projects.
- Be accountable for on-time performance.
- Delegates assignments to meet business requirements and assure coverage.
- Resolves project challenges, conflicts and issues. Be the voice of the proofreading team.
- Develops and reports on a limited number of key performance indicators.
- Meets with planners, writers and other associates to promote collaboration
- Conducts weekly team meetings to review issues, upcoming volume, and standard operating procedures.
- Meets monthly with LFGD writers to promote collaboration.
- Performs other duties as required.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.