Full time Faculty
The Physician Assistant Program at Elizabethtown College invites applications for a full-time Faculty to begin July 1, 2019.
This position will be a lecturer to tenure track principal faculty member of the Elizabethtown College Physician Assistant Program. The full-time faculty member’s primary responsibility will be to teach graduate level coursework during the didactic year of the program. This person, however, will be fully integrated into the clinical year of the program and will provide instruction in all phases of the program. The position will also require a commitment to both departmental and institutional service.
Qualified applicants will be committed to:
• Teach graduate Physician Assistant courses in the classroom and laboratories
• Assist the Program Director in the organization, administration, continuous and periodic review, planning, development and general effectiveness of the PA program
• Develop, maintain, implement, oversee, evaluate, and ensure adequacy and appropriateness of all didactic courses to ensure that they are in accordance with the ARC-PA standards
• Participate in the accreditation process and assist in preparations for ARC-PA site visits
• Review all course syllabi from and with didactic instructors
• Evaluate student performance and competencies during the didactic and clinical years
• Participate in developing, reviewing, and revising as necessary the mission statement for the program
• Participate in selecting applicants for admission to the PA program
• Serve as an academic advisor to assist students in curriculum and career planning
• Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, remediation, and consultation
• Schedule and assist with student remediation as needed
• Participate in ongoing evaluation of the PA program
• Participate in service, professional development, and scholarly activities
• Assist in recruitment of student through Admission events
• Graduate of ARC-PA accredited program or other associated accredited program specific to applicant’s discipline
• Current NCCPA certification or current certification per applicant’s discipline
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies or related field
OR a bachelor’s degree with a formal education plan to complete a master’s degree
• Eligible for licensure in Pennsylvania
• At least three years or more of clinical experience
- Prior teaching experience in physician assistant education
- We are especially interested in applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences and in applicants with a commitment to creating inclusive learning environments.
Interested candidates may apply at by clicking APPLY NOW above.
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and email addresses for three references. References will be contacted by Elizabethtown College to submit letters of recommendation electronically.
Located in southeastern Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown College offers its 1,900 students more than 53 academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies. Driven by its commitment to “Educate for Service,” Elizabethtown centers learning in strong relationships, links classroom instruction with experiential learning, emphasizes international and cross-cultural perspectives and nurtures the capacity for lives of purpose and leadership as global citizens. We are located less than two hours away from the metropolitan areas of Washington, Baltimore, and Philadelphia and less than four hours away from New York City. For more information, consult www.etown.edu.
As an equal opportunity employer, Elizabethtown College is seeking candidates who will enhance the diversity of its faculty, staff, and administration.
Location/Region: Elizabethtown, PA