CBRE is seeking a senior financial analyst to be a part of the premier capital markets investment sales team based in the Suburban Philadelphia Office specializing in retail shopping centers. This position will play an integral role in assignments ranging from one-off asset sales to the sale of large portfolios with responsibilities that go beyond the financial aspects of the deal involving all phases of the sales process.
The chosen candidate will have a strong foundational knowledge of financial/valuation concepts, demonstrate a passion for real estate, work well in a dynamic team environment and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Underwrite assets for sale using Argus Enterprise and Excel.
- Analyze, review, and interpret real estate source documents, including operating statements, rent rolls, leases, and other due diligence material.
- Research market conditions in support of financial underwriting assumptions.
- Compile and present the results of analyses and effectively address questions.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and make recommendations.
- Developing disposition strategies in conjunction with team members and clients.
- Communicate directly with capital markets professionals, asset managers, leasing brokers, property managers and clients.
- Research and comprehend rent and sales comparables as part of the valuation process
- Bachelorâs degree with high academic achievement in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts (i.e, Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, etc.)
- Ability to review, analyze and interpret source documents, including leases, operating statements, budgets, etc.
- Intermediate-level Excel skills and a BA II Plus calculator preferred.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude for building and understanding financial models.
- Experience in the valuation of income-producing properties is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated enthusiasm for the commercial real estate industry.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills in combination with outstanding communication skills (both oral and written).
- Self-starter with sharp focus on details with an awareness of the bigger picture.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- A sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results in a challenging, fast-paced, environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and with all levels of personnel.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Location/Region: Conshohocken, PA