Assists in the internal flow of material, kits, and manufacturedhardware to ensure that required supplies support manufacturingschedules and Operations commitments on engineering and productionprograms. Supports the manufacturing process by performing kitrelease, material support, and documentation maintenance activitieswithin production and engineering lab environments. Maintains andcommunicates shortage lists for all phases of procurement andmanufacturing.Specific Responsibilities
- Responds to requests for material by performing data entrytransactions in company ERP systems.
- Works from computerized reports, BOMS, engineering drawings,engineering change orders and written instruction to identifymaterial requirements.
- Monitors material flow from order to delivery. Maintains andmonitors production movements throughout the focus factories.
- Utilizes applications such as Oracle, Discoverer, SFW, PDM andTIPQA to perform daily tasks.
- Performs material movements throughout the day, ensuringdelivery between internal production departments are made in atimely fashion.
- Maintains job progress and status records and notifiessupervisor of impending delays or serious difficulties,recommending proper corrective action to be taken.
- Responds to material shortages due to lost, damaged ordefective material in order to prevent work stoppages in area ofresponsibility.
- Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on thestatus of material to materials and program management.
- Ensures that engineering change orders affecting parts andmaterial are incorporated into products by effective date.
- Routinely moves parts around facility utilizing company van tofacilitate production processes.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must Be a US Citizen
- Driver's License in good standing
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel andOutlook)
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us fromour launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, tobecoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defensesystems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that willsecure our collective future. Innovators like you.Security:
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: Lansdale, PA