Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers.
But we also connect our interns to more: opportunities, support, collaboration, exposure, and most importantly—power to contribute to your functional track and do work that actually has an impact on our Fortune 500 company. Join us in our global world headquarters to learn the ins and outs of your department, and work on major projects that will truly transform our future. Meet with our senior leadership team and key executive stakeholders and team-build with your peers to build your professional network. Take on special project work to help us innovate while increasing your own career potential and continuing your professional development. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
What you’ll do:
- Procurement Strategic Sourcing
- Procurement interns perform strategic analysis across the supply chain: suppliers, supply markets in a selected category. They will also lead market insight work, including specific “white papers” on supplier market opportunities. Interns will learn how to drive the analytics on critical projects, how to link with Finance on driving improvement in cash conversion and how to develop and execute sourcing strategies. They will lead key cash-flow improvement projects including leveraging cash-flow platforms.
- Interns will lead a sourcing project end-to-end to drive tangible benefits. The project could be in an area of your choice: supply chain, marketing/ commercial, business services. This will enable you to interact with key functional business leads and experts.
- Procurement Process Improvement
- Work closely across the organization to support continuous improvement initiatives. Interns will lead a key procurement process improvement initiative, which will drive process improvement, help knowledge management across the team and help create a platform for collaboration across the global team.
- Identify key stakeholders, owners, and resources needed to implement improvement initiatives and work with these contacts to integrate the solutions and improvement ideas introduced. Daily activities include program execution, influencing, and/or support for implementation of longer term process plans.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work 35 hours a week
- Active enrollment at college/university with a focus in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Agricultural Economics, Marketing or Finance with strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
Skills you should bring to the table:
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills with experience in problem solving and demonstrated technical/computer skills
- Attention to detail and ability to set priorities independently
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Advanced MS Excel and intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to office facilities: café, nurse, health and wellness amenities including fitness center and on-site massages
- Opportunity to extend internship or transition to a full time opportunity, depending on availability and performance
The fine print:
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
NOTE: The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require.
Your response to this ad may result in consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.