About Binghamton University
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Assistant for Institutional Research (SL-3)
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) at Binghamton University is seeking a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst reports to the Associate Director for Institutional Research and is responsible for supporting a wide range of activities required of the Office of Institutional Research.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and submitting Federal, State and Institutional data requirements
- Managing/data cleaning/data merging/data verification on large scale student, employee, and course database
- Completing and/or coordinating reports and surveys for external agencies and organizations
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information
- Developing and conducting survey research in response to institutional needs
- Performing other data related duties as assigned
OIRA is in charge of producing official reports to various external agencies, and is also in charge of rolling out reports and dashboards to a broad set of colleges and offices on campus. As such, the Data Analyst plays a significant role in making sure that data and information produced by the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment is delivered accurately and efficiently, internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher)
- At least 6 months experience in conducting data analysis on a large-scale database
- At least 6 months experience in data cleaning/ data merging/ data verification for accuracy and consistency
- Proficiency using Excel in creating pivot tables and charts
- Proficiency using any statistical software packages such as Base SAS/STATA/R or any other programming languages
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 6 months work experience in Higher Education/ Institutional Research environment
- Ability to interface multiple data platforms and integrate into a single output
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tight deadlines in a sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to attend to details with an unfailing commitment to accuracy and internal consistency
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to present statistical and analytical information clearly
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with system and campus key offices
- Ability to collect and compile information independently and respond immediately to complex requests
- Ability to clean, sort, summarize, interpret and analyze data
- Ability to design and administer surveys using web based survey management software
- Ability to work independently and in a team collaboratively
- Ability to judge multiple priorities and planning well ahead to complete the tasks accurately
- Master's degree
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business, Data Analytics or other related field
- Experience with data submissions to SUNY system or any education system working to support deadlines
- Experience with Banner system
- Experience using Qualtrics
- Experience with Business Intelligence programming languages, such as Tableau, R, SQL, Oracle, or other similar reporting tools
- Experience with predictive modeling in higher education, such as SAS Enterprise Miner
- Basic business knowledge related to institutional effectiveness and assessment
Sponsorship for U.S. employment purposes is not available for this position.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found at https://www.binghamton.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion/policies/title-ix.html
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As required by title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found at https://www.binghamton.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion/policies/title-ix.html
Applye Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bt6dbgv8bs7rn3w7