Finishing Specialist II
Cobham is seeking a highly motivated Finishing Specialist. The Finishing Specialist II performs finish coat painting, spray or brush touch up,
in accordance with special specifications on work where high-grade finish is essential. Covers surfaces of machined or manufactured products with protective or decorative materials such as polyurethane and epoxy paint and aviation specified coatings. May be required to perform a painting operation that calls for unusual specifications for finishing requirements necessitating the mixing of paints to achieve the desired special effects. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
- Conduct painting assignment under the direction of a team leader or Sr. Finishing Specialist.
- Works independently from blueprints and process sheets to develop painting processes, applications and techniques where tolerances are measured in terms of thickness and are difficult to meet. Often works with engineering personnel to determine and calculate experimental procedures.
- Determines the type of finish, quantity and color to be utilized in conformance with military specifications. Selects proper method, equipment and tools to complete task.
- Ensures proper surface masking and preparation, mixing epoxies and solvents to appropriate ratios by weight, volume or viscosity, incorporating knowledge of scales and weights and how substances interact.
- Mixes and applies a wide variety of paint finishes such as polyurethane, epoxy, and plastic-based products to specific colors, consistencies and viscosities requiring a thorough knowledge and understanding of their qualities in order to experiment with and achieve desired effect.
- Tests drying, curing and baking times for unusual finishes. Adjusts temperatures according to atmospheric conditions, finish requirements and experimental bake times.
- Regulates spray gun and ventilates spray booth according to temperature and humidity requirements.
- Calculates requirements if methods are being tested.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to perform performing repetitive, detailed work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certificate Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Painter/Finishing Specialist.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience in the Aerospace, Auto or Marine Manufacturing industry preferred; preferences given to those with experience in painting of antenna products, chassis, radomes or manufactured piece parts
- Experienced in the use of hand tools and painting equipment
- Experience discerning color shades
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Experience performing finish coat painting in accordance with special specifications on work where high-grade finish is essential
- Experience maintaining paint and painting equipment according to instructions and procedures
- Experience with a PC windows environment
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.