Position: Design Engineer- Coupling Technology - R & D - New Product Development
Location: Victaulic World HQ- Easton, PA
Reports to: Technology Director
**FULL RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS OFFERED FOR THIS JOB**
Victaulic, the World leader in Mechanical Pipe Joining Systems, is searching for innovative and creative engineering design talent to work from our global Headquarters in Easton, PA Come find out why Victaulic was rated and received the "TOP WORKPLACES" award for the Lehigh Valley, PA area!
Responsible for the development and maintenance of commercially successful Victaulic products. These products include: New and revised products for Victaulic and its subsidiaries.
- Development is from inception through steady state production, which often includes:
- Concept generation.
- Specific design ideas to satisfy concept(s).
- Presentation and communication of ideas.
- Modeling of concept (via drawings and/or hardware).
- Interfacing with Product Managers/Marketing/Sales to refine concept to meet customer requirements.
- Costing of initial design.
- Leading of a multi-departmental team (formal or informal) in the execution of detailed design all the way through to the product being marketed including:
- Design to meet requirements and manufacturability issues.
- Detail drawing review and approval.
- Vendor selection participation (in-house or out).
- Testing against requirements.
- Solving design problems.
- Scrutiny and review of detailed cost estimates.
- Leading a design review to assure customer and performance requirements are met.
- Resolving tolerance issues.
- Development of EI/EP/ES's as appropriate.
- Participation in tooling selection.
- Approval of tooling based on samples.
- Participation in evaluation of pilot production runs and problem solving.
- Technical literature drafts and approval.
- Monthly travel to agencies, vendors, manufacturing sites in support of assigned projects.
- Contribute to future new product ideas, which will benefit Victaulic and positively differentiate Victaulic from our competition (Vision).