Primary Duties and Responsiblities:
- Oversee the meetings managers and other support team members who manage execution of ~1200 events annually including:
- Liaise with client’s sales force and speakers regarding allevents.
- Manage financials for all programs to ensure alignment with client budget and compliance guidelines.
- Coordinate full-service program logistics, including:
- Speaker travel;
- Data entry and client communications.
- Deliver first class customer service in line with clients’ objectives.
- Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with regulatory, Evolution, and client-defined compliance guidelines both pre- and post-event.
- Track financial progress of assigned programs and takes a role in communication status to clients, preparation and participation in regular finance meetings, supporting and overseeing project billing with appropriate support and supervision, proactively identifying and proposing solutions for financial issues on client projects. Will be asked to participate in monthly forecasting exercises.
- Participate in all business planning sessions; research information, compile statistics, gather and compute various data.
- Oversee speaker bureau assigned teams and their work. Provide ongoing direction and mentoring on all assigned projects.
- Develop and manage interdepartmental relationships; establishes strong relationships, successfully executes projects with this interdepartmental group, manage conflict appropriately, and proposes solutions to issues as they arise.
- Proactively develop and prepare spreadsheets and presentations as needed.
- Serve as team lead/supervisor for meeting managers to ensure adherence to and consistency in policies and procedures.
- Provide event status reports regularly to the meeting director and actively participate in weekly status meetings.
- Proactively signal challenges and concerns, with proposed solutions, to meeting director and VP, Operations.
- Regularly offer suggestions for process and system improvement.
- Coordinate with support staff to ensure seamless execution of ancillary program logistics and materials:
- Invitations creation and fulfillment for programs;
- Attendee pre and post program management;
- Distribution and collection of onsite materials;
- Recruitment and registration services
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of speakers bureau event management experience required in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory and process development experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Firm understanding of Pharma Guidelines and Sunshine Act.
- Articulate; possessing excellent oral and written communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented and capable of multi-tasking on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills required:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook experience;
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with Survey Monkey, Adobe PDF, and Email campaign tools preferred;
- Web-based database experience, Salesforce.com a plus;
- Ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to manage stress in a professional manner and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work additional hours when necessary.
- Available via cell phone for after-hours support of dinner programs.
- Occasional onsite travel to programs.
Normal office environment. Travel required: Occasional. May require regular evening and weekend work.
Location/Region: Pearl River, NY (US - 10965)