Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior IT Auditor to help identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the Global IT Audit Services (GTAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. GTAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment.
Senior IT auditors within the Business Systems team play an integral role in effectively assessing Vanguard’s IT-enabled business process controls. They assist in all phases of the audit, and will impact the future shape of the organization. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Execute integrated business audits with a focus on business processes and their supporting IT processes, including: system mapping, data flow and interfaces, key report validation, application controls, IT general controls, and supporting IT infrastructure. Research and develop test plans for new technologies, understand existing processes, and reference recognized standards and frameworks Interface with our Business Audit teams, IT professionals and business process owners from senior leaders through entry level employees. Collaborate with business auditors to identify and define final project scope Analyze, process, and document client provided information, including technical configurations, process documentation, and the results of conversations and analysis Clearly articulate the status and results of work performed, both orally and in written form, to internal IT and business management and the project team Develop staff auditors in audit methodology, the understanding IT process and controls, and direct some staff activities Pursue continuous professional development through company paid internal/external training, certifications and/or continuing education Identify opportunities for continuous improvement Actively participate in Vanguard’s community service activities
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS, Accounting, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, with recent experience in consulting, internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions.
- Foundational understanding of information technology risks and controls.
- Familiarity with common technology, project management, and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, NIST, and COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.