About the Opportunity
As a Machine Technician Trainee at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company’s mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you’ll join our Presort Service team in Reading, PA. You will be responsible for:
- Contributes to the maintenance of the parts and supply inventory
- Understands and utilizes basic MP2 functions
- Completes all necessary technical documentation
- Follows TQM operating standards
- Attends appropriate technical training classes
- Promptly responds to equipment failures
- Communicates/escalates serious issues to Senior or Lead Tech
- Studies and reviews all pertinent vendor technical manuals and publications
- Participates in equipment moves or upgrades.
- Regular scheduled attendance.
- Strong mechanical and electrical abilities
- Ability to read and follow electrical schematics
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadline pressures
- Work well with others, team orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required
- Ability to take instruction or direction
- Ability to be on-call during designated period
- Ability to read, understand and follow electrical schematics
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.