Supports the Abandoned Property Unit (Escheatment & RPO) for compliance with federal and state laws impacting Retail investors. To assist CDMG management, Escheatment & RPO teams by researching, analyzing and implementing State regulations specifically to Unclaimed or Abandoned Property laws. Leads, communicates and manages technology projects associated with these business initiatives or functional process changes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies potential changes to federal and state unclaimed property regulations that impact Transfer Agency and Brokerage retail investors. Stays abreast of current market, regulatory and industry relevant news. Develops technical expertise around the operations they support, as well as, a deep understanding of applicable systems and software. Collaborates with Legal, Risk and Compliance to interpret regulatory changes, impact and Vanguard's policy. Assesses impact of regulatory changes and provides recommendations for changes to people, process and technology based on compliance with regulatory laws.
2. Leads or participates in the development and implementation of integrated change and communication plans for internal policies/procedures including conception, direction, timing and roll out. Gathers requirements and data to support strategic development to comply with any changing to Abandoned Property State regulations. Leads implementation of change management activities including impact assessments, change management plan, crew training, communication, and crew readiness assessments. Facilitates post implementation reviews and connects with stakeholders to ensure seamless implementation with minimal impact to the business.
3. Manages prioritization and implementation of projects. Works with relevant stakeholders to validate project requirements and schedules. Assumes ownership of projects from initiation through delivery. Identifies and resolves issues related to project goals based on previous experience and established guidelines. Communicates project status and issues regularly to key stakeholders. Clearly communicates recommendations and/or proactively provides information to department management.
4. Promotes relationship management and pro-actively fosters effective communication. Anticipates business needs and ensures client satisfaction related to the services being provided. Supports relationships with internal VGI departments and external business vendors in the development of new products, business services and/or technology initiatives.
5. Supports departmental leadership with change management and crew impact components of projects & business initiatives. Coordinates efforts to analyze and understand critical processes required for a successful business change. Partners with the business project teams, various stakeholder groups, as well as Corporate Communications, IT, and Human Resources as appropriate.
6. Consulted on improvements to process, workflows and controls to ensure continued compliance with regulatory laws and minimal impacts to technology projects in flights or being considered for enhancements.
7. Acts as liaison to Abandoned Property Unit and client facing areas to ensure Abandoned Property regulations are accurately interpreted and followed. Represents Vanguard and department interests by attending industry forums, webinars and conferences as needed.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum five years business experience with financial services, regulatory, and brokerage operations experience preferred.. Previous experience developing, analyzing, and leading projects highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced regulatory and ambiguous environment while managing multiple projects that could change direction.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including ability to interact with individuals at various levels internal and external to the company.
- Excellent judgment and proven ability to analyze issues quickly and independently take appropriate action under tight time constraints.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to communication both business and technical issues to a varied audience, including senior business leaders.
- Previous experience managing a variety of projects or change management from beginning to end.
- Ability to challenge, persuade and influence organizational decisions a plus.
Candidate selected will play an integral role prioritizing regulatory and strategic efforts while enhancing control processes through various technology projects.
Occasional travel to vendors and conferences may be required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.