Long Term Care/Sub Acute Nursing home located in Plainsboro, NJ looking to hire a full time RN Charge Nurse. Night Shift - 11 PM to 7 AM or 3 PM to 11 PM.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current Registered Nurse licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing.
* Being responsible to coordinate growth (care) plan and/or communicate/ suggest changes to growth (care) plan to the care partner team, and evaluate the results of the identified changes;
* Models, teaches and utilizes effective communication skills such as active listening, giving
* Evaluates the degree to which person-directed care practices exist in the care team and identifies and addresses barriers to person directed care;
* Problem solves complex medical/psychosocial situations related to resident choice and risk;
* Being responsible to coordinate and provide assistance, schedules for activities during the flow of daily life ( such as meals, showers, assistance with toileting), medications, treatments, therapies, doctor rounding’s to the extent possible to allow residents to participate in activities of choice;
* Being responsible to coordinate the formulation of growth (care) plans using the nursing process while honoring resident’s needs, choices and preferences and in adherence to State/ Federal regulations;* Collaborating with other disciplines (Rehabilitation, Dietary, Social Services, etc.) to ensure that resident’s needs are met and avoidable decline is prevented;
* Acts calmly and coordinates care to be rendered or action to be taken during emergency situations;* Ensures that each resident’s attending physician/ designee and family or responsible party are notified of any change in condition, any occurrence of incident or accident, and other events that warrant prompt notification;
* Being responsive to the needs of residents during moving into or moving out of the home (during neighborhood transfer, transfer to acute facilities, or during death);
* Being responsible to adhere to standards of professional nursing practice in all resident care areas
* Being responsible for maintaining accurate resident care records and documents, important date using the nursing process, as defined by your Clinical Advocate Growth Partner;
* Being responsible to act as a steward to properly utilize human and material resources in the WHC HOME;
* Being responsible to promote a safe environment for everyone in the home by identifying potential safety hazards and identification of noncompliance in *WHC HOME’s Well-Being Strategies (policies and procedures)
* Shows commitment to growth and learning by attending required in-services and taking an active role in educating resident, family members and staff;
* Respect and desire to foster positive interactions for everyone the RN care partner comes in contact with;
* Being responsive to the needs of the residents, families, and your peers by keeping your promises;
* Flexibility and a willingness to modify role duties for the residents and the overall good of the community;
*Being responsible to maintain an active licensure in the state of New Jersey
- *Must provide annual verification of a negative Tuberculin Skin Test (TST)*
About this company
Windsor Healthcare Communities provides clinically sophisticated post-hospital medical care and rehabilitation, as well as comprehensive long-term skilled nursing care throughout New Jersey. A family owned and operation organization, Windsor is a recognized pioneer in promoting person-centered care the cherishes, honors, and loves our patients and residents.
We are committed to medical excellence and well being for all that we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer that provides a great work environment and a comprehensive benefit package. We believe that our employees are our true partners in caregiving and deserve honor and respect.