Balchem Corporation (Nasdaq:BCPC) is a publicly traded global specialty chemicals company with $500 million plus in revenue and north of $2.5 billion market cap, having witnessed steady growth over the past five years. The Company was founded in 1967 and is based in New Hampton, NY (Hudson Valley area). Balchem develops, manufactures, and markets specialty performance ingredients and products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical, and medical sterilization industries in the United States and internationally. The Company consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; and Industrial Products and employs over 1,000 people worldwide who are engaged in many diverse activities, developing the company into chosen market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com.
The purpose of this job is to provide full life cycle recruiting expertise for mid-senior level experienced/professional hiring needs across the US (possibly assist internationally) with assigned business groups. Create an effective branding strategy via social media sites. Responsible for setting a recruitment strategy to identify key talent to help advance the organization. Additionally, will collaborate with senior HR leadership to develop, coordinate and deliver training & development programs.
- Source, identify, qualify and deliver passive and/or active candidates for assigned client group, including senior-level positions, using a variety of creative recruiting methods such as job boards, social media, job fairs, referrals, etc.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment (verify job descriptions, create requisitions, post jobs, extend/generate offers, on-boarding) within ATS.
- Leverage advanced features of the ATS to include developing interview score cards, creating hiring filters for jobs, creating talent pipelines, etc.
- Partner with department heads and hiring managers to understand the needs of business and develop a staffing plan to support current hiring needs and future growth.
- Establish and/or maintain effective relationships with hiring managers, field HR, candidate pool, and external recruiters.
- Coordinates/schedules candidate interviews with hiring team.
- Monitors open position and time to fill reports.
- Partner with external recruitment agencies, as necessary. Negotiate placement fees.
- Assist in implementing best practices into the recruitment function.
- Solicits training needs from managers and partners with senior HR leadership to identify best methods to deliver (external or internal sources, and/or on-line platforms, etc.).
- Develops an annual HR training schedule.
- In conjunction with Sr. Manager, Corporate HR, works to enhance on-boarding experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business required.
- 5-7 years Talent Acquisition experience with a strong interest in sourcing and hiring exempt level sales, leadership, professional and technical positions.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization as well as with external customers required.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media channels to include, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to develop and execute recruiting strategies to meet staffing goals and objectives in a dynamic environment.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities, keen attention to detail, effective time management and organizational skills required.
- Results-oriented person with a high sense of urgency to get things done efficiently.
- Experience supporting Director level and above positions is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and ability to create/deliver presentations required.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System required.
- Positive, go-getter attitude with desire to learn and grow.
- Knowledge of HR policies/procedures/laws.
- Willing to travel up to 25%, if necessary.
Location/Region: New Hampton, NY (US - 10958)