Authority: This position reports to the Associate Dean of Administrative Services.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the daily functions of the Student Accounts Office, the collection and recording of all Accounts Receivable monies due to the College, and for disbursements of student payables of financial aid by the College.
- Oversee and direct all Accounts Receivable functions including; student accounts reporting, student and company billings, housing and meal plan billings, ACE billing, insurance billing, county charge backs and third party programs.
- Oversee maintenance of accounts receivable systems software, to include Banner, ITC, Cashnet, and BankMobile.
- Oversee recording of all incoming payments on accounts and ACH deposits. Responsible for the reconciliation, draw down and recording of all state and federal financial aid. Responsible for oversight of daily cash deposits, balancing and reconciliation with banks.
- Implement and maintain collection policies, including hardship waivers, assignments, and other collection requirements.
- Develop and implement the preparation and disbursement of excess financial aid and other student refunds owed by the College. Provide access to financial aid for book vouchers in collaboration with the College bookstore and reconcile accounts. Review need and provide students with financial assistance in emergency situations.
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Aid Officer, the Registrar, and Educational Planning Center staff to provide effective service to students.
- Counsel students with financial difficulties in making suitable payment arrangements in accordance with College policies. Implement College Installment Plan.
- Meet monthly reporting and processing deadlines and assist in maintaining compliance with federal/state and auditing standards.
- Develop informational publications and coordinate their distribution. Corresponds with students and parents via telephone, email and written correspondence.
- Supervise Student Accounts office staff
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Knowledge of fund accounting, PC software, and general office procedures and equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or a related field.
- Three years of experience in accounts receivable or a college accounting department, including supervisory experience.
- Experience in Student Service field, with hands on customer service experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products especially ACCESS and ARGOS
- Ellucian/Banner experience a plus