The Fleishman Career Center and Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) are looking for an organized and detailed oriented individual to oversee our business operations.
The Fleishman Center is nationally recognized as an Exemplary Career Center by the National Career Development Association provides comprehensive career services to students and alumni, including career identification and planning, internship option, job search assistance, employment opportunities, and comprehensive graduate data. The Center for Civic Engagement works with communities within and beyond Binghamton University's campus to provide various rewarding and meaningful opportunities to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. The CCE supports the attainment of academic, personal and professional growth through civic engagement to develop active and engaged citizens.
The Business Coordinator will report to the CCE director but will support both departments.
- Assist Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Career Programs and Experiential Education, CCE & Fleishman Directors in all matters relating to financial planning and business operations. The CCE and Fleishman Director report to the AVP.
- Responsible for management of departmental financial records for state, IFR and foundation accounts
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Work closely with senior staff and administrative team members to monitor budgets, review revenue and expenditures, and analyze fiscal performance
- Supervise all purchasing processes, travel and reimbursements to ensure internal control and compliance with SUNY and NYS procedures
- Oversee all processes relating to revenue collection including fee reconciliation, cash handling and deposit procedures, PCI compliance and any point of sale operations
- Manage account receivables and invoicing procedures
- Work with the legal department on contractual matters
- Approves Purchase Orders created by the administrative team and monitors
- Processes paperwork and payments for engaged teaching initiatives, including Teaching Enrichment Grants and stipends for Engaged Faculty Fellows
- Work collaboratively with team members from both CCE and the Fleishman Center
- Attend meetings such as weekly staff meetings for both CCE and the Fleishman Center
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, accounting or related field
- Three years of professional work experience
- Must have excellent computer skills with a strong proficiency in Excel
- Must be detail oriented as well as have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as a strong understanding of internal control procedures
- Tolerance of ambiguity, flexibility and a sense of humor are essential
- Master's degree and at least five years of professional experience
- Familiarity with cash handling processes, PCI compliance and SUNY systems desirable
Location/Region: Binghamton, NY