New Jersey Institute of Technology
Assistant Director for DegreeWorks and Catalog
Office of the Student Information Systems
Division of Academic Support and Student Affairs
Reports to: Student Information Systems
Under the general supervision of the Director of Student Information Systems with dual reporting to Registrar, the Assistant Director for DegreeWorks and Catalog is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the DegreeWorks degree audit systems; maintenance of the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs and other office documentations; delivery of existing services; and development of new functionality and services in Degree Works and Leepfrog Courseleaf. Works closely with Assistant Registrar for Academic Support in support of academic departments.
Catalog and Curriculum Oversight
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of the University's curriculum and general University requirements, working closely with curriculum committees, deans, department chairs, faculty, and other members of the staff to develop and implement procedures and systems that support the curriculum and academic programs of the University.
- Maintain the University's course catalogs as well as other office publications; develop content for and maintain websites for the Office of the Registrar.
- Confirm any changes to curriculum and program data meets academic current policies. Ensure timely implementation of any curriculum and program changes.
- Proactively monitor University academic policies and identify those that may need to be changed or be updated. Notify academic departments and Provost of those changes and work closely with them to develop and implement new policies.
- Work with the University community for the continuing implementation and optimization of systems supporting student academic records
- Oversee all additions and changes to DegreeWorks policies and procedures. Perform annual updates to the Scribe logic of the degrees and majors based on changes in the academic catalog. Ensure all curriculum and catalog changes are updated in DegreeWorks.
- Work with the UIS and SIS for the continuing implementation and optimization of DegreeWorks and CourseLeaf systems, including the implementation of new DegreeWorks functions and the development of communication systems to encourage DegreeWorks utilization among advisors and students. Test new upgrades to DegreeWorks as new versions are made available to the campus.
- Respond to user needs relating to information flow and inquiries on Degree Work entries and activity from the University community.
- Monitor the DegreeWorks email account and take appropriate action as needed for requests.
- Provides assistance to other departments in the management, preparation, and administration of Degree Works reporting.
- Assist the Graduation area as needed with reports, processes and events.
- In coordination with the Registrar and Assistant Registrar for Academic Support, interacts with and serves as an expert resource for academic affairs to provide advice and assistance for implementation and administration of academic policies based on best practice guidelines promulgated by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (AACRAO) in conjunction with the needs of the University.
- Developing content for and maintaining websites for the Office of the University Registrar and the Office of Institutional Research.
- Represent the Registrar Office at various internal committees and at meetings as assigned by the Registrar.
- Must have knowledge of and stay informed of changes in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) applicable rules, bylaws, constitutions and related University rules as they pertain to student eligibility to participate in sanctioned NCAA events or to participate in varsity team sports.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Student Information Systems and Registrar.
- Honesty and integrity and the ability to project these characteristics to others.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with a diverse population of students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Team-building skills through communication, training, and personal development of staff is essential.
- Positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain productive constituent relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Knowledge of and compliance with relevant Federal, State, and institutional policies, procedures and statutes.
- Demonstrated comfort working in and contributing to cutting edge technology to maximize the effective and efficient delivery of all services.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required. Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in a Registrar's Office at the Assistant Registrar level or above or related experiences with a work background that demonstrates comprehensive understanding of all elements of a complex registrar operation.
- Experience at a functional and operational level for the use of student information system(s), on-line catalog management systems, degree audit systems, NSC enrollment, and degree compliance reporting to U.S. Department of Education and use of query tools for extracting and reporting of student information to all constituents with a right-to-know.
- Direct experience with and managing the Ellucian Banner student information system, DegreeWorks, and CourseLeaf systems.
- Understanding of FERPA and Assistant educational initiatives for a university community.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge and competency of reporting tools (Cognos, Oracle SQL, MS Excel, MS Access).
To apply, please visit: https://njit.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=109
Salary Range: $62,242-$104,249
To build a diverse workforce, NJIT encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. EEO employer.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102-1982
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mwj6vpv7bfrj23c9
Location/Region: Newark,New Jersey