SPANISH SPEAKING CANDIDATES PLEASE! PREFIERE PERSONAS QUE HABLAN ESPANOL!
This position is responsible for assisting the property manager with all aspects of leasing the units on the property and the day-to-day operations of the property. Responsibilities include preparing and filing leases, promoting the property and retaining current tenants. This position reports directly to the Property Manager. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Oversee the leasing of apartments as well as lease apartments through aggressively selling the products and services of the property to which they are assigned.
- Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone and personal sales skills. Specifically, this position must respond to site visit or telephone inquiries, conduct site tours, effectively sell to prospects and lease apartments. The assistant manager works to optimize occupancy and implement or follow an effective lease renewal program. Site tours include, but are not limited to, showing the prospective resident the property, all property amenities, model apartments and available apartments.
- This position works with the property management staff to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies. Increase property traffic levels, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of property assigned and that of major competition through site visits and tours as well as telephone surveys.
- Oversee, approve and prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Must have the ability to communicate and explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident’s move-in.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the apartment community. Assist in the collections, posting and deposit of rent payments. Assist with all daily, weekly and monthly financial, leasing and bond reports as required.
- Work with Property Manager to direct the efforts of the on-site staff to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner. Assume responsibilities for property operations when the schedule results in the Assistant Manager becoming the senior management staff person on site.
- Oversee and maintain high company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
- Oversee and maintain prospect, traffic and leasing data. Oversee and input in the computer the necessary data for property operations and leasing.
- Oversee and follow established policies and procedures regarding the qualifications, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Deliver resident gifts, inspect units on move-in day to ensure units are ready and assist with planning and hosting of resident parties and functions.
- Oversee and follow the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Special projects or additional duties assigned by supervisor that are essential for the operations of the property.
- Be observant for any problem which could be a hazard or potentially dangerous for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- This individual has authorities to authorize, purchase and approve invoices within the corporate guidelines.
- SPANISH SPEAKING candidates please!
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Requires ability to read and write English fluently and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
- Requires a minimum of one-year experience in residential management or retail sales. Experience level may vary due to the special needs of the property.
- Requires professional appearance and demeanor.
- Requires good organizational skills.
- Requires strong customer service representation.
- Requires the ability to sell and promote the property.
- Requires the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Requires the ability to drive a car without jeopardizing the safety of prospects, residents, fellow employees or the general public.
- Requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle. Additionally, individuals may be required to transport bank transactions, as may be necessary.
- Requires High level of self-control under difficult or emergency situations.
- Requires the ability to move throughout the property and climb stairs.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and valid car insurance, as required by the state in which employed. Real estate license (when required by the state).
- Requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested.
- Requires the ability to answer telephones clearly, respond to inquiries and convey messages.
- Requires the ability to use general office equipment, including, but not limited to, copy machines, fax machines, filing cabinets. Also requires entering data into a computer and generate printed reports.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & EQUAL HOUSING PROVIDER
Kushner, DBA Westminster Management, LLC is a diversified real estate organization headquartered in New York City with regional offices in New Jersey, Maryland and Ohio. Our company is responsible for the ownership, management, development and redevelopment of countless properties. Our national reach consists of more than 15,000 multifamily apartments and we plan to continue to make acquisitions as the market presents opportunities.
Our company remains guided by its experience and ability to create long-term value in strategically focused markets. We continue to attract the best talent in the industry and remain focused on growing our organization with talented professionals along with our assets. Westminster is stronger than ever, and we stand poised for continued growth with our valued partners.
Location/Region: Lodi, NJ (US)