Outside Sales – Water Treatment Equipment OEM / Pumps Distributor
A unique opportunity for an individual interested in building a career with a stable, 70-year-old, mid-sized wholesale distributor of plumbing supplies, pumps and water treatment equipment.
Water Treatment Sales: Dosing Pumps & Pretreatment Equipment – This position will focus on selling chemical dosing (metering) pumps, pretreatment equipment (water softeners, dealkalizers, etc.) and centrifugal pumps to chemical water treatment companies, as well other water treatment equipment and systems to other industrial customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for building new business and new relationships throughout the mid-Atlantic region, specifically the Philadelphia metro area, including its suburbs, much of New Jersey and Delaware.
The ideal candidate:
Will possess the desire, commitment and outlook to have a long and successful career at Duff Co.; have the ability to self-manage; provide consistent top performance, day-in and day-out; have a comfort level working from the point of application up to the highest level of an organization; have high professional presence and demeanor; can work independently, with regular reporting requirements; and can communicate effectively via face-to-face as well as electronically.
Preferred Experiences. Sales or industry experience is preferred, but we will consider those special individuals that present themselves with the commitment to excel at their profession. Experience or background in one of the following is preferred:
· Sales, service, system design, manufacture or other customer-facing position in chemical water treatment or pumps.
· Other experience in the treatment of water for cooling and boiler water systems / heat transfer, membrane/RO systems, process water or potable water.
· Working knowledge of common chemical dosing pumps used in the industry; Fleck commercial water softening control valves; and/or water chemistry, ion exchange resins and media.
· CWT certification.
Compensation & Benefits. Qualified candidates are eligible for:
· Base salary of $40-$50k+ with additional potential of $10-$15k+ in the first year; plus incremental potential of an additional $10-15k+ on top of that in the second year. Unlimited additional potential commissions and bonuses, all depending on individual performance.
· Full benefits (including 401k, short and long term disability insurance, health, dental and vision).
· Car and gas allowance. Laptop and cell phone.
· Relocation expenses may be available.
· Strong internal support system as well as broad peer support, with training and unlimited opportunity to grow.
Preferred Characteristics. The ideal candidate will possess most of the following traits in order to become a successful long-term salesperson with our company:
• Personally approachable, friendly and with great people skills while maintaining a professional business presence.
• Demonstrated business acumen and ability to think on your feet.
• Proactive and self-managed work ethic; a self-starter.
• Self-driven to succeed in sales, positive attitude, optimistic, enthusiastic and confident.
· A thirst to learn.
• Organized and willing to track your sales activity and progress against goals.
We are also looking to fill another sales position in our industrial / chemical water treatment group. That position requires experience at some level with chemical dosing (metering) pumps.
Since 1947, Duff Co. has been your source when you need it now . . . or don't know how. Plumbing and heating supplies, pumps, water conditioning equipment and systems, and multifamily housing supplies. Duff Co. is now your one-stop source.
Duff Co. team members are available and on-call for emergency service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We take our business as serious as yours. Our team, where the average tenure exceeds 20 years, enjoys the personal relationships with our customers. Duff Co.'s reputation for a broad product line, excellent service, fast delivery and strong family values makes Duff Co. differ from other companies.
A lot of things have changed since 1947, including Duff Co. We have expanded our service and product offering. The third generation has joined the family business.
What hasn't changed is Duff Co.'s commitment to serving our customers. If you need it now, or if you don't know how, you should call Duff Co. today and speak with any of our knowledgeable specialists. You will get the solutions you need at competitive prices.