Water/Wastewater Project Engineer
Van Note-Harvey Associates, Inc. (VNHA) is a multi-discipline site/civil engineering and surveying firm with offices in Princeton and Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
VNHA currently has an opening in its Princeton office for a full-time senior design water/wastewater engineer. Primary responsibilities include production of mechanical and technical drawings and maps.
DEFINITION: Under direction from the department manager, the applicant is expected to complete design of water and wastewater projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
· Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years experience in water/wastewater treatment and conveyance design for a public and/or private utility
· Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 or later, Plant Design Suite (mechanical), and drafting
· Effective writing skills, including preparation of reports and technical specifications
· Effective verbal skills, including the ability to make presentations and/or communicate effectively with project team members and clients
· Valid driver’s license (clean record)
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Review and analyze manufacturer’s specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related date to assess factors affecting project design
· Compute mathematical formulas to develop design
· Check dimensions of materials to be used and prepare scaled engineering drawings
· Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, and/or angle views to depict functional relationships of components and assemblies
· Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for pump stations and piping systems, conveyance mains, equipment and controls, using AutoCAD
Experience with treatment and/or conveyance system operations; experience with the New Jersey public bid process; and/or a New Jersey Professional Engineer’s license or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification a plus but not required.
Wages commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package included for full-time positions.
Van Note-Harvey Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Van Note-Harvey Associates (VNHA) is a full service consulting engineering, environmental, planning and land surveying organization headquartered in Princeton serving New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York. Our staff of professional and support personnel have diverse educational and project backgrounds enabling us to provide a complete range of services to private and public clients from Fortune 500 corporations to neighborhood businesses, and at all levels of federal, state and local government.