An international manufacturing company is seeking an Environmental Coordinator to lead the Environmental function for a 1200-employee facility in Pennsylvania. The Environmental Coordinator will be tasked with managing all environmental programs and permits, ensuring compliance with local and federal regulatory agencies. This company invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong EHS culture in which both the CEO and President take active roles, regularly meeting with the EHS team and actively championing the work they do.
- Recommend corrective / preventative measures where indicated
- Interact with regulatory bodies and represent the company at local, state, and federal regulatory meetings
- Determine the need for industrial hygiene monitoring (air, noise, heat stress, etc.) and conduct / coordinate this with the appropriate agency
- Develop environmental management programs
- Minimum of 3-5 years' environmental experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Experience with Title V, wastewater and hazardous waste permitting and management
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Bachelor's degree is essential; in Environmental Sciences or related field preferred
Shirley Parsons is an executive search and recruitment firm that specializes in the placement of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) professionals across North America.
We aim to build long term relationships with candidates at every stage of their career, and have an ever-expanding network of over 40,000 north american EHS professionals.
Location/Region: Reading, PA (US)