Home Energy Consultant Job Description:
- Generate business by working in an assigned territory selling Home Protection Services, gas and electric.
- Use a consultative selling approach; increase customer’s awareness of choice as well as competitive advantage over the energy providers; provide potential customer with pricing and effectively close the sale.
- Assure quality and accurate representation of products; represent the company professionally and ensure that potential customers have an exceptional experience.
- Keep detailed records of sales activity.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with other sales representatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (friendly, personable, positive personality)
- Highly motivated to sell with a desire to succeed
- Customer focused, results oriented
- Time management skills
- Professional demeanor and attire
- Hours vary by season
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record, a reliable form of personal transportation, auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum state requirements.
Compensation and Benefits:
- A starting base pay of $30K with uncapped commission (NO kick back or draws)
- Realistic earning potential with salary, commission, and bonuses of $45K - $60K+
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match
- Paid training, holidays, and vacation (3 weeks your first year)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone allowance
- Career advancement
IGS is a leader in the energy industry advocating for an engaged society seeking positive change in the way customers manage and consume our energy resources. With over 28 years of experience the company provides the following to over one million customers across the country: home protection products (through IGS Energy*); power generation solutions off the grid (through IGS Generation); clean, domestic alternative fueling options (through IGS CNG Services); solar solutions (through IGS Solar) and natural gas/electricity options . The company also has a community investment program called IGS Impact which provides employees ongoing opportunities to get involved with, and give to, causes that are meaningful to the company and to them personally.
Location/Region: Center Valley, PA (US)