This is an exciting and rewarding position for those who enjoy working with an on-site team to achieve the highest Net Operating Income possible under your supervision. Varied responsibilities include implementing cost control and revenue improvement programs as well as developing annual operating budgets plus sales and marketing plans. A high level of enthusiasm, leadership and managerial skills are essential for motivating, supervising and training your staff with group sessions to keep members up-to-date on the latest advancements. Staying abreast of trend in the market place, understanding demographics and the competition is critical as you implement your strategies to make your PPAM property the most exciting and profitable community in town.
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
• Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with residents, vendors, co-workers and the community.
• Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of cost control and revenue improvement programs.
• Establish and implement leasing goals, while managing an effective lease expiration program.
• Analyze operational information for impact on NOI, identify trends and recommend appropriate strategies and adjustments.
• Manage a highly skilled on-site staff with effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs.
• Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts and sales/marketing plans. Accurately create, prepare and convey all operational and financial data to the Regional Manager in a timely manner. Work with the owners to identify community goals and objectives. Be responsive and receptive to owner’s needs, goals, and objectives.
• Maximize rental income while minimizing expenses through effective planning and control.
• Effectively monitor all income including delinquencies.
• Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/tenant statutes are followed.
• Evaluate and recommend changes on rent/pricing strategies, and ensure websites and printed material are accurate and updated.
• Analyze and evaluate monthly and/or quarterly financial statements. Write clear and concise owner’s reports to substantiate the analysis.
• Effectively show, lease, and move in prospective residents; implement methods to ensure sales associates achieve the highest standards with shopping report scores.
• Implement programs for resident retention and service request follow-ups.
• Introduce and monitor effective lease renewal programs.
• Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Ensure leasing staff develops similar knowledge.
• Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans which effectively maximize rental income and result in high occupancy.
• Ensure that an adequate number of units are market ready.
• Design an effective preventative maintenance program to monitor service request turnaround and ensure the responsiveness of the maintenance staff.
• Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed.
• Communicate effectively with owners, residents, vendors and co-workers.
• Provide training and motivation to leasing staff and ensure group training sessions are conducted as needed.
• Create staffing schedules and ensure they are consistent with community needs.
• Assist and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
• Adhere to established company standards for screening applicants for residency.
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Participate in planned resident activities.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.