Job Title: Instructional Coach
The literacy/math instructional coach will be responsible for overseeing the literacy (Fontas & Pinnell & math initiatives (Eureka Math) of Instructional programs. In order to be laser focused on building the capacity of teachers, the instructional coach will: facilitate coaching cycles following the plan, teach/co-teach, debrief and follow up with teachers. The instructional coaching position is an opportunity for a certified teacher (all certifications will be considered) who would like to teach, think & inspire their peers. This position works with administrative, instructional and non-instructional staff. Motivated & enthusiastic professionals with at least 5 years of classroom experience please apply.
- Facilitator of change: engage teachers in reflective thinking while examining their instructional practices.
- Professional learning facilitator: design and facilitate dynamic professional development that supports a consistent implementation of literacy & math initiatives.
- School leader: support and communicate school and district initiatives.
- Classroom supporter: to increase the quality and effectiveness of classroom instruction.
- Instructional support: to support the implementation of effective instructional strategies.
- Curriculum/content facilitator: to promote implementation of Fontas & Pinnell and Eureka math.
- Data coach: build the capacity of sites to use data to inform decision making.
- Resource manager: identify a variety of resources to enhance classroom achievement & support teachers and student.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- NYS teacher certification
- A minimum of 5 years classroom teaching experience
- Experience developing and facilitating professional development trainings.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, organization and project management skills.
- A commitment to meeting the needs of every student.
- A strong belief that all students can succeed.
Location/Region: Binghamton, NY