ThePharmacist is responsible for the continuation of pharmacy management’s goalsand objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. The pharmacist provides routineand emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information,processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems tothe centers. Management skills and accuracy are required to ensure that theappropriate drug product reaches the customer efficiently and safely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Executeday-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, productionquotas, and deadlines.
- Ensure that thepharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules andregulations regarding the practice of pharmacy. Assist in ensuring that thepharmacy is in compliance with all DEA policies and procedures as set forth byPharmScript or the regulatory agency, whichever is stricter. Ensure that thepharmacy is in compliance with all third party payer contract rules andregulations by which the pharmacy is bound.
- Supervise thepharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security ofthe pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
- Check forcompleteness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Check forcontent and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
- Preparationand/or supervision of all sterile IV drug products or solutions.
- Assist in theproper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of allcontrolled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for scheduleII drugs.
- Provide evening,weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled on-call rotation and as requiredby management.
- Workflowdashboard is cleared daily
- Follow allapplicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Overtime,holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected
- Complies withdepartmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
- Other duties asassigned
- Attention todetail
- Decision Making
Responsible for providingemployees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employeesto their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhanceemployee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure a
This position operatesin a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacyequipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rollingcarts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in thelong-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that should be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hoursper day
- The employee is occasionally required tosit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawlintermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours asneeded
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this role
Please note this jobdescription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee forthis job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
The is no travel expected for thisposition
Education and Experience
- Bachelor ofScience Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current licenseto practice pharmacy in good standing
- Proficient inthe area of clinical interpretation: drug-drug, drug-disease, drug-foodinteractions and allergies
- Ability to read,write, speak, and understand the English language
- Excellentinterpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Performaccurately and efficiently when dispensing prescription medications
- Ability to workflexible hours, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays
Behind every scriptthere is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is aseamless pharmacy experience. AtPharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision,persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents,patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing adiverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard togender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexualorientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, stateor local law.