- Work as a member of the team in our innovative Treatment Family Foster Care Program
- Provide services to children and their families to promote permanency and reunification
- Participate in extensive training provided to foster parents
- Participate in regular support groups for foster parents
- Maintain daily progress notes and other written requirements
- Provide testimony in family court
- Conduct monthly home visits to birth parents and foster families
- Utilization of "CONNECTIONS", child welfare computer system
- Provision of services for permanency of children
- Coordinate treatment team meeting
- Participate in supervision, in-service training and team meeting
- Conduct Monthly home visits to foster families and birth parents
- Other duties as needed
- MSW Degree required
- Knowledge of the Foster Care /Adoption Field
- Excellent Oral and Written Skills
- Computer Literate
- Good Organizational Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youngsters with special needs
- Experience in working with a team
- Flexibility and Ability to meet deadlines
- Bilingual(Spanish) a plus
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 002476
Children's Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability
About this company
Join a Professional Powerhouse of Solutions.
For more than 160 years, Children’s Aid has been working to ensure that no child’s potential is limited by the barriers of poverty. In recent years, we have sharpened our focus, strengthened infrastructure, and sought out continuous, data-supported improvement throughout our organization to maximize the impact we are having on the children and youth we serve.
Children’s Aid is a professional powerhouse of solutions for young people. We are teachers and social workers, coaches and health care providers, administrators and data analysts. We know what it takes to ensure children grow up strong and healthy, and ready to thrive in school and life: excellent education and health care, social-emotional support, and strong, stable families.
It takes a team of extraordinary talent to produce the kind of impact to which we aspire. We are committed to recruiting and retaining staff who will embrace our goals and promote a results-oriented culture. Children's Aid is a place for talented individuals to engage in the battle on childhood poverty.
Location/Region: New York