Job Title: Systems Engineer
Department: Service and Support Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with clients to help integrate information technology systems into their business
· Responsible for on-boarding new customers
· Technical account manager for key clients
· Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements
· Design and implement disaster recovery solutions
· IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
· Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
· Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
· Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
· Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
· Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
· Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
· Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
· Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
· Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager
· Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
· Diagnosis skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop technologies including PVS and Streamling Profiles
Founded 30 years ago, Systems Solution, Inc. (SSI) is a trusted resource for professional IT support and market-leading cloud technologies. We provide cutting-edge technology with dependable, agile support. Our sterling reputation in the Philadelphia area is evidence of our dedication to our clients. Beyond innovative solutions, our commitment to our clients has made us a trusted technology partner for organizations beyond the Mid-Atlantic region.
The solutions and services we provide serve a greater function than simply keeping your business operational. We encompass everything you need to deliver a company-wide, unified solution or offer customized support for a stand-alone initiatives.