Position: Press Helper- 3rd shift
Location: Lancaster, PA
Company Conformance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Plant Manager, the Press Helper will complete all print, conversion and finishing steps for assigned jobs with a focus on quality, time management and completion according to specifications. The Press Helper will be responsible for the accurate completion of job-associated paperwork.
The following list provides the essential functions of the position; however other functions may be assigned from time to time based on business demands:
1. Determine desired final product requirements by review of job specifications. This includes product appearance as well as product performance.
2. Determine and verify accuracy of materials and supplies used to complete all jobs to spec, including but not limited to print plates, print cylinders, inks, coatings and dies.
3. Examine product for defects such as spots, streaks, scratches, wrinkles, voids, and general degradation of product quality as compared to target quality and correct as necessary.
4. Follow all quality and security protocol including inspection of product, splicing techniques, winding criteria, proper roll identification, product labeling and disposition of finished product.
5. Properly complete necessary paperwork during each job and at the end of each job to ensure proper recording of time and materials.
6. Maintain separation of product per job and/or lot number at all times and label all in-process jobs clearly with Job number and Lot number.
7. Consult with Quality Assurance personnel regarding questions on product appearance, performance and/or deviations from standards.
8. Keep all areas of Pressroom neat and organized. Do not leave the area around the press without general housekeeping and proper product disposition, including proper clean-up of press, tools and personal items.
9. Maintain a professional and respectful manner, always striving for quality and efficiency in the position. Conscientious work practices should be routine for ensuring personal safety as well as the safety of others. Professional and personal courtesy of coworkers, supervisors and visitors is expected at all times.
10. Guidelines for building security must be followed including proper handling of security product and disposition of waste.
11. Assume such other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Plant Manager or Production Lead.
OpSec Security, Inc. is the market leader in fighting counterfeits for brands, transaction cards, government documents and currency. OpSec delivers a comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions, including advanced physical security technologies, supply chain track and trace services, and online and e-commerce monitoring and analysis for more than 300 companies across industry sectors and 50 governments worldwide. We are currently expanding our operations in Lancaster, PA and have multiple roles available within both production and management.