One of the world’s leading international law firms is seeking a Patent Agent for their Philadelphia office.
• Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office
• Performing prior art searches and analysis
• Patentability analysis
• Engage in practice development activities to build and maintain client relationships
• Prepare substantive client correspondence
• Instruct foreign filings and office actions
• Assist in patent clearance studies and other patent-related opinion projects * Assist in patent diligence matters relating to corporate transactions * Communicating with clients and investors
• A bachelor’s degree (and preferably an advanced degree) in a mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline with excellent academic credentials
• Registered patent agent
• A minimum of two years of relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in examining or preparing and prosecuting patent applications
• Excellent writing and research abilities are a must, as well as proficiency in written and verbal communication, and strong organizational skills Please submit a writing sample and transcript with resume.