Are you an experienced technician who is kind and caring? Energetic? Loyal? Do you like people and pets?
Nazareth Veterinary Center has an employment opportunity available for an experienced Veterinary Technician to join our team.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth of our practice through learning, taking initiative, prioritizing tasks and working well within the veterinary team. We strive to provide excellent health care to our patients and compassion to our clients, so strong customer service skills are required..
This position requires schedule flexibility as you’ll be working a combination of shifts: days, evenings, and Saturdays. Occasionally, overtime is required as well.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Medication preparation and administration.
- Specimen preparation for laboratory testing, either in-house or at our reference laboratory.
- Patient Care and Nursing: phlebotomy, IVC placement and maintenance, etc.
- Surgical and Anesthetic Monitoring.
- Performing dental prophylaxis.
- Cleaning and sanitizing patient areas.
- Assisting in the reception area and exam room.
- Client contact through telephone, email and in person.
- Data entry, invoicing and appointment making.
- Other duties, as assigned.
The ability to maintain your composure in stressful situations, safely and gently handle animals, stand for long periods of time, as well as to safely lift at least 50 pounds is required.
Full Time employees enjoy benefits which include group health insurance, 401k retirement plan, discounted veterinary care for personal pets, paid time off, paid holidays, and paid uniforms.
Nazareth Veterinary Center is a dedicated, compassionate veterinary hospital, serving the Lehigh Valley since 1994. We are just minutes from Easton, Bethlehem, Bangor, and Wind Gap. The original owner, Dr. John Yaswinski, along with fellow veterinarians, Dr. Kelly Mullen, Dr. Lori Bankowski, and Dr. Stacey Scanlan, provide exceptional veterinary care for every pet and every owner that walks through our doors.
We have a spacious surgical suite, multiple exam rooms, and a dedicated dental room! We also offer on-site grooming facilities. We offer wellness exams for routine vaccinations, as well as medical visits, surgery, both routine and specialized, and dentistry with dental x-rays. We have an in-house laboratory and on-site digital radiography.
Location/Region: Nazareth, PA (US)