SUMMARY: Responsibility for setup, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment and automation as required for support of production and engineering efforts. This position provides support to maintenance when required for complex troubleshooting and repair.
DETAILS include but not limited to:
- Setup equipment and automation as required for support of production and engineering efforts
- PLC troubleshooting and working with Robotics
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Set up and verify the functionality of safety equipment.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Test products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
- Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Start up and shut down processing equipment.
- Equipment maintenance performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the operational theory, maintenance requirements, and operational procedures for all equipment under the engineering technician’s control.
- Develop and validate operations and maintenance procedures as required to ensure reliability and availability of all equipment under the engineering technician’s control.
- Test and/or troubleshoot PLC programs used for process automation and control.
- Monitor and maintain coating chemistry as required.
- Keep well-organized written records of all troubleshooting, setup, and testing activities performed.
- Where practical, improve process reliability and automation to the point that production personnel own the process and require limited engineering support.
- Recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures that will which increase productivity, reduce operational costs, improve margins, improve safety, and/or improve MXL product quality.
- Assist others by providing professional, technical guidance.
- Attend meetings to provide technical support and direction.
MXL Industries, Inc. is a complete, turn-key provider of optical quality mold design, tooling, injection molding, and coating of polycarbonate and acrylic parts. We concentrate on meeting stringent optical performance requirements for a broad spectrum of customers. With our business, what differentiates MXL from other plastic manufacturers is our disciplined focus on a particular segment of the plastic market. We proactively pursue business with customers that require high quality and precise optics, as well as ballistic and laser eye protection. With our people, what differentiates MXL from other employers is our commitment and focus on a safe work environment, teamwork, and quality of work. MXL has been a top 50 employer on the "Best Place to Work in PA" list 9 of the past 12 years.
MXL Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION NOTICE: Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact MXL by 1) calling 800-233-0159 or 2) email to: email@example.com with Subject line: Reasonable Accommodation Request REQ#201806
Location/Region: Lancaster, PA (US)