Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a Paralegal for our East Rutherford office. This is a full time position, competitive salary and benefits package offered.
The paralegal performs a variety of complex duties with limited supervision. The individual in this role primarily supports attorneys with civil defense litigation matters.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Investigates facts and law of cases and search pertinent sources, public records to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
· Gathers and analyzes research data, such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
· Prepares for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits.
· Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence including contracts, records, reports, depositions, discovery, investigative and other documents and summaries. Interpretation and preparation of chronologies and summaries as requested.
· Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, pleadings, answers, motions, interrogatories, contracts, opinions, position papers, letters, etc., and other documents as necessary.
· Prepares and handles tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other request for information.
· Ensures organization of files including maintenance and management.
· Monitors files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
· Communicates with clients, witnesses, experts.
· Maintains calendar for trial and discovery deadlines. Obtains trial settings, coordinates and assist in preparation.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 3+ years of prior paralegal experience supporting civil defense litigators preferably in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
· New Jersey court filing experience including e-filing experience.
· Experience handling general liability cases preferred.
· Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision and manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and knowledge and application of legal research tools (Westlaw).
· High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
The Paralegal will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This employee may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials, 5-10 pounds, from time to time.
The office may be a busy facility. The Paralegal may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees. This employee may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete required tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. is a full-service business law firm offering a wide variety of legal services to public and private companies, professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals. QPWB serves clients in various industries and in multiple jurisdictions. The firm's strength flows from its experience in handling a broad range of complex business and commercial cases and transactions.
QPWB attorneys regularly represent businesses in actions involving premises liability, products liability, liquor and food liability, automobile, trucking and commercial fleet liability, construction defect, and in the defense of all other types of negligence and tort actions such as personal injury, employment liability, and workers' compensation defense.
QPWB's clients for professional liability include nursing homes, adult living facilities, hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, home health agencies, laboratories, physicians, dentists, medical directors, administrators, nurses, medical technicians, radiologists, other healthcare providers; and professional liability insurers of accountants, attorneys, architects, engineers, brokers, and agents.
Our business law department handles corporate structure, intellectual property, immigration, international law, real estate transactions, title insurance defense, bankruptcy, asset protection, land use, probate litigation, estate planning, commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and mergers and acquisitions.