Branchburg client seeking Lab Tech. Working hours will be 3pm- 12am, Monday-Friday. Temp-to-Hire!!! $15-18ph.
Perform a variety of evaluations and tests on raw material and tubing product. Support the Lead Lab Technician and Plant Metallurgist in evaluation, testing, and analysis as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work from established company procedures, written and verbal instructions.
2. Perform tests, such as positive material identification, processing of samples for third party chemical analysis, tensile testing, metallographic specimen preparation and examination, ferrite content determination, detrimental intermetallic phase content determination, hardness testing (micro and macro), corrosion testing (pitting and intergranular), surface roughness evaluation, passivation testing, guided bend testing, and cyclic bending/straightening testing and Hydrogen content in Titanium.
3. Process incoming materials, such as strip, zinc rod, filler wire, titanium for third party analysis.
4. Cut end on band saw and measure wall thickness and outside diameter with micrometer and record averages. Compute CSA, transfer information from chart to Test Data Report Sheet. Cut sample test piece to length and mark off increments. Input data into Tensile Navigator, set extensometer and start test. Adjust scale and set load on sample until sample breaks. Record break point; unload sample pieces and measure elongation and record results.
5. Support Plant Metallurgist in defining root cause on field failure samples and internal failure samples.
6. Maintain work area in clean, neat and orderly fashion. Perform other related tasks as assigned to ensure efficient department operation in support of corporate objectives. Observe company policies, rules and regulations.
Experience: Over 1 year up to and including 18 months operating in a laboratory environment.
Education: High School or equivalent, technical certificate in laboratory procedures is a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Use surface roughness tester, metallurgical microscope, stereo binocular microscope, borescope, electronic scale, mounting press, grinding/polishing equipment, electrolytic and immersion etching equipment, tensile testing equipment, calipers, micrometers, hardness testing equipment (micro and macro), band saw, cyclic bending and straightening tester, guided bend tester, corrosion testing equipment, digital temperature recording equipment, furnace, pit depth gage, computer and associated printer, miscellaneous laboratory glass ware and components. Use software programs, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, tension test equipment software, and temperature recorder software, project/image management software, image analysis software.
Connections Personnel is a woman-owned and operated Staffing Service that has been successfully placing candidates with client companies since 1991.
We have offices in Scotch Plains, Somerset and Morristown, NJ, with 7 full time recruiters with a combined total of over 100 years experience. We build relationships with our clients and our applicants. We have applicants that we place and they come back when they need us again and refer friends and relatives to us.
Connections Personnel has clients that have been using our service for over 20 years and refer new clients to us because they are pleased with our service.