Delaware Valley Nephrology is looking for a detailed and customer-oriented individual who can handle a fast-paced work environment. They will be responsible for assisting physician/providers in providing quality medical care to our patients.
This position is located at our main office in Philadelphia, PA. No weekends or major holidays. PTO, health insurance, and pension plan available once eligibility requirements are met. Pay commensurate with experience.
Organizes research information for clinical projects. Selects and observes subjects and assists with data analysis and reporting. Oversees experiment scheduling and collection of data. Requires an MA, RN or LPN diploma and 2-4 years of related experience. Familiar with a wide range of the concepts, practices, and procedures surrounding clinical research. A wide degree of creativity. Performs a variety of tasks. Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, Good Clinical Practice and FDA regulations.
A. Interrelationships: Interacts in a pleasant and cooperative manner with the public and maintains a cooperative working relationship with members of the office team. Promotes good guest relations at all times and maintains a professional demeanor.
B. Responsible to: Clinical Research Manager and or Business Manager
C. Employees supervised: None
- Education: Medical Assistant training. Experience in a clinical research environment, including, patient care, clinical trial protocols, and FDA regulations.
Clinical Research Coordinator Certification Preferred
PA Driver’s License
Continuing Education: Commitment to keeping any licensures/certifications current.
- Skills Required: Knowledge of medical terminology, math skills, analytical skills, medication, it’s uses, dosing schedule and actions, basic assessment skills, understanding of clinical trials and their requirements, good communication skills, ability to work well with people in a pleasant and cooperative manner, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical Skills: Use and service requirements for applicable medical equipment. Ability to use a calculator, copier, fax machine, various computer programs (to access patient information from various labs and hospitals), as well as clinical management software.
- Specific Abilities: To accurately perform and document all applicable research study requirements. Research related travel, i.e. various dialysis centers, physician offices, educational purposes. Respond to patient requests/phone calls in a professional manner.
- Liaison with investigators, sponsors, clinical trial monitors and other research staff
- Assist in subject selection, pre-screening and recruitment for clinical and consumer trials.
- Assume responsibility for the storage, and transporting of plasma and other clinical samples taken for research purposes.
- Ensure studies are conducted and recorded accurately as required by the protocol, including any adverse events. (recorded and reported according to the protocol, SOPs and within regulatory timelines).
- Ensure the preparation of source documents and any specialist forms/templates and that regulatory compliant data is recorded, either manually or in electronic form, and presented to the clinical team in a timely manner in order to assist in producing accurate reports
- Prepare and administer products in accordance with the protocol and accompanying documentation.
- Responsible for the storage and accountability of consumer products, and Investigative Medicinal Product.
- Ensure patient exam rooms are prepared for the patient, by making sure all necessary equipment, medical supplies, etc are available. Also keeping rooms clean according to OSHA requirements and maintaining any equipment used in clinical trials.
- Ensure clinical trial supplies are monitored and restocked appropriately.
- Adhere to, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and all legal and regulatory requirements such as OSHA regulations by following rules regarding safety, etc, as documented in the OSHA Handbook (Exposure Control Plan, Hazard Communications Plan, Employee Health and Safety Plan.)
- Travel to applicable physician offices, dialysis centers, and other applicable facilities to perform necessary research duties.
- Exhibits philosophy of non-discrimination when dealing with co-workers, patients and the general public in regards to: race, national origin, gender or financial status.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patients, their family members and co-workers.
- Treats patients and their family members, co-workers, supervisor and the general public with courtesy and respect. Practice good guest relation skills continuously.
- Uses analytical skills to solve problems, make decisions and respond accordingly to the needs of patients and their family members, co-workers and general public.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form at a level equal to the specific job responsibility.
- Practices team building skills such as cooperation and the anticipation of co-worker needs.
- Maintains professional conduct and appearance.
- Exhibits personal responsibility in areas such as attendance, tardiness, accuracy, flexibility and time management.
- Contributes to safety and security by being aware of policies and reporting any unsafe conditions on a timely basis.