Napleton Automotive Group owns and operates 50 retail automotive dealerships in seven states. Our group also has rental car facilities, body shops, and a real estate portfolio located throughout the nation.
New car franchises include, Acura, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jeep, KIA, Lexus, Maserati, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, RAM, Subaru, Scion, Toyota, and Volkswagen.
Our group employs over 3,000 people and ranks as top Automotive Group in Illinois.
Napleton was also ranked 26 out of the top 150 automotive groups in the U.S. for 2017 based on new car volume!!
The Napleton Wyoming Valley Imports, Wilkes-Barre (Hanover Twp), Pa. seeks an experienced auto body/refinish technician.
I-CAR or ASE Certification preferred, but not necessary.
We will provide necessary training to the right candidate.
We need an hourly tech capable of filling multiple roles, working in the body, paint and detail departments, and moving between departments as the manager sees fit, depending on the priorities for the day.
The ideal candidate would be someone capable of doing a small to average hit, start to finish.
However, one day you may be doing sheet metal, the next day you may be doing detail or prepping cars for the painter, whichever is required.
Candidate(s) will not be required to perform repairs on the frame rack, initially, but the ability to do so is a plus.
Candidate will not be required to paint, initially, but the ability to do so is a plus.
We will train the right person to use PPG waterbase system if we decide that you have the aptitude to function as a backup painter as well.
You must also be willing to work in any department if the need arises.
This is not a “helper’s” position.
This is for an experienced tech who is capable of all aspects of repair and is willing to apply those valuable talents where needed as needed.
You must have a good driving record and valid Pa. driver’s license.
You must be punctual and reliable. You must be able to pass frequent random drug screenings.
Wages based on experience. Health insurance, paid holidays/vacation/sick days, and 401K available technician repairs, refinishes damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and spray painting equipment. Technician will also do dealer prep work.
* Stay up to date on the latest repair methods and techniques for the vehicles sold and serviced by the dealership
* Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate and supplement as necessary
* Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
* Perform welding, soldering, body alignment and oxidizing operations
* Diagnose the cause of malfunction and perform needed repair
* Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
* Examine vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
* Advise Body Shop Manager if additional work is needed
* Use basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
* Follow factory and dealership procedures when performing warranty work
* Save and tag all warranty parts for storage
* Is familiar with the latest technical bulletins, service manuals and other service publications
* Attend factory sponsored training classes and keeps abreast of factory technical bulletins
* Operate all equipment in Body Shop in a safe and productive manner
* Maintain his stall in an orderly and clean manner
* Use discretion in using company materials and supplies
* Light painting, if deemed qualified and necessary by the Manager
* Ensure customer’s cars are kept clean
* Document all work performed as soon as the job is completed
* Understands and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as the disposal of hazardous waste
* Will secure permission from management and write up an RO before doing any work on personal vehicle
Location/Region: Wilkes Barre, PA (18706)