Founded in 1989, Satterfield & Pontikes Construction (S&P) is a builder as firmly rooted in traditional values as we are relentless in our pursuit of cutting-edge tools and technology. An ENR Top 400 Contractor, S&P uses advanced technology to maximize value for our clients and is an industry leader in sustainable construction.
Summary of Position:
The Superintendent is the company’s representative assigned the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of the project so it is safe, within budget, on schedule, in compliance with the company’s quality standards and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
Consistency – Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork – Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors and managers throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will support the requirement to provide construction management services that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Develops, updates, modifies (as required), and maintain the project schedule including a master schedule.
- Assure the implementation and continuous maintenance of corporate safety program requirements in all of the day to day operations on the project.
- Communicates the date by which materials must arrive on the job.
- Assists project manager in follow-up for deliveries.
- Develops and maintains a site safety plan, and a site logistics plan.
- Train and develop the skills for production of any direct reports. Leads weekly foreman and superintendent meetings.
- Fully versed in the requirements of the Owner’s contracts for the project.
- Familiar with NYC Local Union Labor Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- The ideal candidate shall possess a minimum of 15 years of experience in construction involving multiple phases of large scale building /rehabilitation projects.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Experience as a superintendent on large scale multi-contract building projects.
- This individual must be able to develop and communicate a project work plan, monitor manpower and performance against that work plan, and be able to perform a detailed comparison of the design drawings against each other to ensure coordination between each of the various project trades.
Satterfield and Pontikes Construction, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Satterfield and Pontikes Construction, Inc., encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Location/Region: New York, NY