JOB SUMMARY The purpose of this position is to provide strategic real estate planning solutions that meet the goals and objectives of clients, both business units and CRE leadership. Serves as a primary interface with the Business Units and CRE to understand business direction and changing workplace needs, apply knowledge to forecast space requirements based against business and market conditions, and develop executable plans to support the business needs, corporate objectives and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborates with CRE Leadership, CRMs, and other RE stakeholders in the development and management of key planning deliverables including allocation plans, migration plans, and monthly reporting and business unit planning support.
Develops strategic allocation plan across all in-scope business lines and portfolio to meet stated real estate goals & objectives. Strategic allocation plan provides mid to long-term space allocations for business lines that account for all forecast headcount and space supply changes sufficiently.
Drives schedule and activities for data collection and goals & objectives gathering in support of the strategic allocation plan. Organizes and analyzes data related to client requirement and physical or virtual space needs. Verifies information received for accuracy. Documents findings and conclusions.
Generates conceptual solutions that respond to the clients spatial requirements, physical planning constraints, and corresponding IT, HR, and compliance requirements. Evaluates alternatives scenarios against criteria for success, including relative pros and cons of each alternative.
Communicates/illustrates complex planning concepts clearly. Illustrates organization, operational, and functional relationships.
Ensures strategic allocation plan is aligned with overall CRE and Client Corporate Strategies.
Develops high-level migration planning and phasing for the sequencing of moves required to achieve the approved end state.
Performs other duties as assigned.
May provide formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action, and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisals for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CAFM software experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced skills with word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, and CAFM software including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to self-motivate and drive towards clearly defined goals. Ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to client(s).
- Ability to document processes, procedures, and best practices. Ability to adapt to change when necessary.
- Business acumen with an understanding of operational impact related to actions/decisions.
- Ability to collaborate, think critically, problem solve, and multi-task.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to client(s). Ability to present information in an effective way. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to collaborate, problem solve, and multi-task. Ability to adapt to change when necessary.
Location/Region: Kenilworth, NJ