If you are an experienced Veterinary Technician interested in a full-time position with a great team and fantastic benefits, Read on!!
We offer you a unique opportunity to advance your career in a performance-oriented, fun and high growth business that allows you to aid animals and society through excellent care and services. We are an environmentally friendly, small animal practice in central New Jersey (just outside of Princeton) focused on high-quality medicine, client education, and communication.
We are looking for candidates who are highly experienced, highly motivated, detail-oriented and able to work efficiently while still having fun! The individual should value client service, be compassionate and add to our already wonderful patient care. He or she must also have strong speaking, writing and emailing skills. Ideal candidates should be comfortable on a computer, and veterinary software utilizing MAC OS. We are looking for someone who enjoys interacting with clients to give them a great experience at our hospital!
This is a fast-paced position, and the right candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task. The ability to maintain a bright demeanor and deliver wonderful client service regardless of circumstances is critical.
The purpose of this position is to assist and support veterinarians, ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients. Responsibilities of the Veterinary Technician span all areas of general practice veterinary medicine including examinations and surgical procedures. This position works directly under the Technician Supervisor.
- Obtain full TPR of patient, exam, and history of patients
- Restrain canine and feline patients
- Administer and apply medications and treatment by routes, including intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records in DVMAX Practice Management System (an IDEXX product)
- Process and dispense simple prescriptions
- Provide comprehensive client education
- Perform and read laboratory tests utilizing Idexx and procedures
- Complete forms for reference laboratory and add tests to animal history
- Perform all possible methods of venipuncture (jugular, cephalic, saphenous)
- Perform dental cleaning and x-rays
- Draw up and prepare vaccine injections
- Place IVC and intubate both canines and felines
- Monitor patient vitals and perform dental prophylaxis at the doctors discretion
- Monitor anesthesia
- Provide mentoring and training to newer technicians to elevate overall skill set
- Assist with euthanasia
- Administer oral medication as needed
- Perform appropriate procedures to control bleeding
- Administer vaccines as allowed by New Jersey law
General knowledge of canine and feline breeds, behavioral dispositions, Knowledge of canine-feline nutrition , Understanding of the basic classes of drugs/medications and their indications/usages, how to do the necessary, calculations to determine doses. Understanding of monitoring, surgical, and general hospital equipment and how to maintain it (IV Pumps, anesthesia machines, doppler, ECG unit, autoclave, microscope, Cardel, etc.) Know how to and able to clip/prep for general surgical procedures, Knowledge of surgical instruments, their uses and how to clean/maintain them, Knowledge of normal vital parameters of the anesthetized patient and what drugs to utilize in surgical/emergent situations. General understanding of radiograph positioning
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
This job operates in a professional hospital environment and routinely uses veterinary hospital equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time (37-40 hour) position. Days and hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday 8:30 a.m to 1 p.m. Shifts assigned accordingly.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years of Veterinarian Technician experience
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure preferred (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Location/Region: Skillman, NJ (08558)